FAQs Riverside


Do I have to bring any furniture?

Campus Crossings at Riverside is not furnished. We welcome you to make your apartment home truly "yours" by bringing the furniture of your choice.

Back To Questions

What is included in the rent?

Water, pest control, trash service and on-site maintenance are included. Residents are required to set up electricity, sewer and gas prior to move in and maintain it through their lease term.

Back To Questions

What does the Conservation Fee cover?

The Conservation Fee is a small recurring monthly charge that helps ensure all appliances and certain utilities are running as efficiently as possible to keep the monthly cost at a minimum.  This also ensures the property can address energy efficiency improvements over time as well as important conservation efforts.  This also includes battery replacements for specific systems in apartment units, LED lightbulbs for apartments and common areas and scheduled AC filter replacements.

Back To Questions

Is the community pet friendly?

YES! Campus Crossings at Riverside is proud to welcome your furry friends. For more details on weight and breed restrictions, please refer to our Pet Addendum.

Back To Questions

How close is the community to campus?

Campus Crossings at Riverside is located less than half a mile away from UCR. You are only a short walk or quick bike ride to campus.

Back To Questions

Is there parking available?

YES! We have plenty of open gated parking on the property for you and your guests. We also offer one covered parking space for each apartment home.

Back To Questions

When is rent due/How do I pay rent?

Rent is due on the 1st of every month; however there is a grace period until the 3rd. On the 4th, rent is considered late and subject to a fine.

For your convenience, you can pay online via the property’s website (click on PAY RENT under the RESIDENTS section of our website) using a debit/credit card, set up an automatic withdrawal, or Echeck. We do not accept cash, physical checks or money orders.

Back To Questions

Do I sign my own lease or with roommates?

Each resident is only responsible for the rent on his/her bedroom – this is referred to as “by the bed” leasing rather than a “joint & several” lease. So, if one resident moves out, the remaining roommates are not responsible for that roommate's rent.

Back To Questions

What if my roommates don't get along or I have issues with my roommates?

Sometimes this happens. Great people sometimes can’t live together for whatever reason. We’ve got you covered. Residents are able to transfer, dependent on availability (a transfer fee may apply).

Back To Questions

What if I have a maintenance issue or need in my apartment?

Non-emergency service requests (choose whichever option works best for you):

• Submit a Service Request online using the Resident Portal. (click MAINTENANCE under RESIDENTS on the website to set up an account). Follow the prompts to complete the service request.

• Call the office and speak with a Campus Crossings at Riverside team member or leave a message if your call is after the office is closed.

For emergency situations (water leaks, and toilet back-up's, AC or Heating issues during weather extremes, non-functioning refrigerators, electrical outages, gas leaks and fire):

Call the leasing office. We have someone available 24/7.

Back To Questions

What furniture is provided and what is included in the kitchen?

Our kitchens at Campus Crossings at Riverside come fully equipped with Full-Size Refrigerators, Dishwashers and Gas Stoves.

Back To Questions

How do I receive mail and packages?

Mail- Resident mail is delivered by the US Postal Service to your assigned mailbox. At move-in, you will receive a mailbox key. When you move-out, if you want to have your mail forwarded, you will need to complete a Change of Address Form with the local US Post Office (the community office often has these handy.)

Packages- The property will accept packages and they can be retrieved during the property's business hours with proper ID - you will also receive an email each time you receive a package. Text is available if you choose to opt in via your Resident Portal.

Back To Questions

What do I need to bring to my apartment?

We recommend that you contact your roommates prior to moving-in to coordinate the common area furniture (sofa, chairs, entertainment centers, and dining room tables). Please don't hesitate to call us with any questions or simply to feel reassured about what you have already prepared.

Back To Questions

Is there insurance coverage in the event of a fire, theft, or natural causes? Does my lease provide coverage for my belongings?

Resident's or guest's personal property and vehicles are not insured under the apartment lease agreement. We do require that all residents provide proof of insurance against loss or damage due to fire, theft, vandalism, rain, water, criminal negligent acts of others or any other cause. You can purchase a Renter's Insurance policy for a modest annual fee or your parent's home-owner's policy may provide coverage. Of course, you may also obtain coverage through the property’s sponsored provider. Please ask the Leasing Office for more information.

Back To Questions